2.14.2012

The Grumps

Yesterday...I was grumpy.  Severely grumpy.  I got zero sleep at all the night before and I woke up in such a blah.  I took the girl's to the local McDonald's despite vigoroously hating fast food, simply because they had an indoor play ground and smoothies we could sit and enjoy just to get out of the house.  Then during an attempted shopping trip to pick up a few things it became obvious none of the three of us girls were doing so hot on this particular Monday.  Abby was whiny (rare) and Hannah was not listening (not rare) and I just wasn't havin it.  The day went on like this until in the evening for bedtime Hannah started magically listening and doing without having to be told ten times.  And when I asked her to grab her jammies and head for the bathroom for bath time she immediately did so...and as I entered the bathroom I noticed she had also grabbed Abby's pajamas and a diaper and layed them out neatly on the counter next to her own jams.  (Awww!) And then my mind flashed back to all the moments during the day when Abby was upset or whining and Hannah gently went along side her and gave her a hug and made it better, or to when they were playing on the playground and Abby kept getting scared up at the top and Hannah would immediately stop her playing with the other kiddos there and go find Abby and sweetly bring her back down to where she wouldn't be scared...and I realized, despite my grumpiness good moments occured during this day.  So thank you Hannah for your sweetness during this day.  Mama really needed that.  

1 comment:

Carroll said...

We all have those days and sometimes I knew it was because of my attitude. But there will be those days. The good thing is that it seemed to redeem itself in small ways and you were able to see it an enjoy it and be aware of Hannah's kindness. Now where do you think she learned that being kind in spit of how we feel is important? I'm sure it was from you. Just don't beat yourself up over circumstances. That's all is it, circumstances and they are temperary and change soon. I'm so glad you're such a great Mommie! Your girls are very fortunate. And one day they may tell you how much they love and appreciate you, just like you've done with your Mom. Hang in there Heidi! We love you!