I like clean things. I like to clean. It's therapeutic, it makes me feel good and I love how things look and feel after a good cleaning. I am anxious for spring...I want to throw open my doors and windows and let a fresh cool/warmish air blow in...I want to roll up our rugs and scoot back the couches and give everything a good scrubbing, I want to start gardening and be out working on getting flowers and plants and vegetables to grow! But...it's not quite time. So in the meantime I've been tackling small projects...getting the girls rooms cute, purging anything we don't use, need and all around simplyfying things.
I randomly stumbled upon a blog of an old friend/roommate I had in college. She has always been one smart cookie and as I recently found her blog (sure not how I ended up on her page!) I find her as refreshing and clever as always. So as I clicked the link to "Follow" her blog a few weeks ago I was excited that I'd found this person, who also happens to have a delightful blog worth reading!
Today, I am on day 12 or so of feeling pretty down right rotten. This cold/flu/disease/virus...call it what you want, is REALLY taking it out of me. Normally I do not get taken out of commission like this! Whenever one or all of us is sick I feel like I want to clean the whole house top to bottom, and refresh everything once it all passes and we are healthy again. This is how I am feeling, except not quite well enough to get up and do something about it. So today I sat down to relax and blog stalk and found myself on her blog here, about making your own cleaning products. I was intrigued and, really excited! I was SO excited I went to the link she listed for essential oils and ordered some and now I am awaiting a delivery of delicious essential oils to boost the natural cleaning we'd already started in motion here. I figure by the time it gets here I will be feeling much better and ready to tackle a sparkling clean and fresh smelling house. :) I feel like such a nerd getting so excited over things like cleaning, and organizing and gardening...but it really does make me feel so good...and like something worthwhile got accomplished for the day. And that is a glorious feeling...at least for this mama.

3 comments:
Just wondering if we could be related????? Sounds like my life. Love to clean. Loved being a Mom. Love music, etc., etc. I'm so proud of the woman you are Heidi! Wish you were feeling better. Soon! Everything is temporary so just try to pamper yourself and get ready for those sunny days which are sure to come....sometime. Lov eyou!
Haha! This sounds exactly like a conversation Sara and I were having a week or so ago. I started using Mrs. Meyers natural cleaning spray and I love it! I haven't actually used cleaners with chemicals in them for quite a while now, and I think we're actually healthier for it. I'm not a big fan of disinfecting everything, all the time with strong chemicals. It just doesn't seem healthy to clean with something that makes your eyes and lungs burn.
But yeah, I'm with you on the whole cleaning thing. I've been purging/organizing/cleaning since we got back from Cali.
We haven't been using any harsh cleaners for awhile either but I was super excited to find a recipe to make your own and use essential oils as disenfectants. (sp) I am definitely trying the baking soda paste on our bath tub and sink area later this week tho. :) Great minds think alike eh??
Post a Comment